Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November's Random Runner is Erin Glover


Please join ROCKET MAN (Capital City Runners) in welcoming Erin Glover, formerly of Tallahassee and currently residing in Orange, California, as the Random Runner of November.
Erin:  “I'm honored to be chosen!”

CCR:  When did you start really running?  Why?
Erin:  I started running seriously in 2005.  My dad was in remission following a fight with Lymphoma when I found out about the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program.  We committed to the program together - with me training for the Walt Disney World Marathon and the two of us raising money together.  He was even there to cheer me on at the finish line!

CCR:  How has running shaped you since then?
Erin:  Running has given me both discipline and perspective.  I now know that I can always push myself a little more, and that pain and frustration are only temporary.  Running makes me feel like I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.

CCR:  As a child, did you think running would be an important part of your life?
Erin Glover RunningErin:  Oh no.  I struggled to just finish the mile so I could go do something fun!

CCR:  What is one of your most awesome running memories? i.e. proudest, favorite, most memorable...
Erin:  Finishing my first full marathon is my proudest running memory.  Not only did I accomplish my goal, but it set me on the path of being a runner for the rest of my life.

CCR:  What is your weak point?  Does it haunt your or drive you?
Erin:  Sugar. It haunts me every day.

CCR:  What do you like to do when you aren’t running? (Do you have a favorite non-running hobby?)
Erin:  I recently moved from Florida to Southern California, so my hobby has been exploring my new home.  There’s beach, mountains, city, desert - so much to discover.

Erin Glover Non-Running
CCR:  What do you do to pay your bills
Erin:  I manage social media at the Happiest Place on Earth - Disneyland!

CCR:  If money were no object, what would you love to do?
Erin: Travel, with intermittent periods of absolutely nothing.

CCR:  What are some of your most recent “reads”?
Erin:  Right now, I’m reading “Walt Disney: An American Original” by Bob Thomas

CCR:  Who motivates you, and what inspires you to keep running?
Erin:  My husband is a terrific motivator.  Every time I run a race, he asks if I won.  It’s sweet that he thinks it’s even a possibility.  My health inspires me to keep running.  I see and feel the benefits every day, and I don’t want that to end.


CCR:  What is your idea of the perfect “running” vacation (or weekend)? A non-running vacation?
Erin:  Honestly, I don’t run on vacation.  I have huge feet, and my shoes take up too much room in my suitcase.

CCR:  How has Capital City Runners been a positive component of your running career/life-style?
Erin:  I love the information and motivation posted on the Facebook page.  Even from across the country, I feel connected to a running community back home.  Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment